What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a text file that may be saved in a dedicated area of the hard drive of your Terminal (PC, tablet, smartphone) by the navigation software used by you to connect to Omnyway, Inc.’s Website, depending on your choices regarding cookies as saved in your browser. This cookie file allows its originator to identify the terminal on which it is saved, for as long as the cookie remains valid and saved. When visiting the Website, information regarding browsing from your terminal on our Website may be saved in “cookies” installed on your terminal. When visiting the Website for the first time, you will be informed by a pop-up featured at the top of the page. By continuing to browse the Website once this pop-up has been displayed, you thereby agree to the settings applicable to our cookies and acknowledge that you have understood the terms and conditions of our policy on cookies. You can modify the settings relating to cookies at any time. Please find below more detailed information regarding cookies and how to manage settings relating to cookies.
The Cookies saved by us allow us:
- to record statistics and volumes regarding visits to and use of the various parts of the Website (pages and content visited, pathway followed) enabling the Website to make its services more interesting and easier to use
- to tailor the presentation of the Website to your terminal’s display preferences (language used, resolution, operating system used, etc.) when you visit the Website, based on the visualization and display software and equipment available on your terminal
- to grant you access to Omnyway’s reserved areas, using identifiers or data that you may have previously entrusted to us
- to implement security measures, e.g. when you are asked to sign-in again for certain content or services after a certain period of time
- to combat Internet fraud (preventing fraud targeting payment methods, identity theft, etc.). In this regard, Omnyway or any service providers acting on its behalf may, without prejudice as to your rights, place cookies in order to collect information relating to whichever terminal has used to complete the Order (particularly the operating system used, the exact location of the machine, whether proxy servers have been used or not, etc.). These “footprint”-type cookies associated with the data regarding your Order are used to validate your Order, the payment method used and your delivery method.
Your choices regarding Cookies
The saving of any cookies on your Terminal is subject to your consent having been given and you may confirm or modify such consent at any time, free of charge, by changing the settings in your browser. If you have agreed to cookies being saved on your Terminal, the cookies integrated in the pages and content consulted by you will be stored in a specific part of your Terminal and can then only be read and recognized by their originator.
Should you decide not to allow cookies to be used or delete any already saved, you will no longer be able to enjoy the benefit the one click purchase functionalities. This would be the case if you wish to access spaces or services requiring you to identify yourself. This would also be the case if Omnyway or its Service Providers were unable to recognize, for the purpose of ensuring technical compatibility, the type of web browser used by your Terminal, its parameters regarding language and display or the country from which your Terminal appears to be connecting to the Internet. As applicable, we decline any liability regarding the potential consequences of the reduced operation of our services due to the settings selected by you.
How to manage your preferences depending on the browser used Regarding cookie management, each type of browser software offers different configuration settings. These are described in the help menu provided within each browser:
For Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
- Go to “Tools”, then “Internet Options”
- Click on “Confidentiality”
- Select the required level of confidentiality using the arrow.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Go to “Tools”, then “Options”
- Click the “Privacy” icon
- Find the “Cookies” menu and select the required options.
- Go to “Settings”
- Click on “Show advanced settings” and go to “Privacy and security”
- Click on “Content settings”
- Go to “File”, then “Settings”
- Click the “Privacy” icon
- Choose your confidentiality settings
- Tap the button in the top right-hand corner
- Go to “Settings”, then “Confidentiality and Security”
- Define your confidentiality settings
For Dolphin on Android
- In the menu, select “More”, then “Settings”
- Go to “Confidentiality”, then “Security”
- Define your confidentiality parameters in the “Cookies” menu
For Safari on iOS
- In the “Settings” application, choose “Safari”
- Go to “Accept cookies” in the “Confidentiality” section
- Define the confidentiality settings
If you share the use of your Terminal with others, or if your Terminal uses more than one type of browser software, we are unable to guarantee with total certainty that the advertising services destined for your Terminal correspond correctly to your own use of this Terminal and not to any use made by such other user. In any case, sharing the use of your Terminal with others and the configuration of settings concerning cookies is at your entire choice and liability.